Earn a Graduate Certificate
Students in our doctoral program may earn graduate certificates, in addition to their Ph.D. in Spanish. A significant number of our students take one of these unique opportunities. There are active, fully-integrated graduate certificate programs available in
- Language Instruction (for further information, contact Professor Cindy Brantmeier)
- Latin American Studies (for further information, contact Professor Ignacio Sánchez Prado)
- Film and Media Studies (for further information contact Professor Gaylyn Studlar)
- Translation Studies (for further information, contact Professor Gerhild Williams)
- Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies (for further information, contact Professor Linda Nicholson)
Since each of these programs requires course work in addition to that ordinarily required for the Ph.D., students accepted into them (normally in the course of their first year of study) receive an additional semester in their total funding package, supported by TAship. Students earning a graduate certificate should note that it will likely cause them to diverge slightly from the program schedule proposed in the "semester by semester" description.