- Three letters of recommendation
- Certified copies of transcripts
- GRE (optional for students with degrees from non-English universities)
- TOEFL (for foreign students). We expect a minimum of 550 for the paper-based test, 213 for the computer-based test, and 80 for the internet-based test.
- Writing sample
- Apply online to the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- Application and all supporting materials must be received by December 31 of given year
- Transcripts and recommendation letters written in a language other than English must be translated into English by a certified translator.
- Please send all supporting materials to Helene Abrams: Ms. Helene Abrams, Department of Romance Languages & Literatures, Box 1077, Washington University, St. Louis, MO 63130 USA
Native speakers of English, please click here.
Estudiantes internacionales, por favor hagan clic aquí.