French Summer Institute
- Departure from US: Tuesday, May 12, 2020
- Arrival Paris, Charles de Gaulle airport (CDG): Wednesday, May 13, 2020
- Departure from Paris CDG and arrival in US: Wednesday, June 3, 2020
Students may return home for a long summer or elect to extend their stay in Europe.
Course of Study
- Tuition, room, board (demi-pension) for all days in residence at the FIAP, and 3 WU academic credits: $4,990
- Plane fare: estimate $1200, but students will need to check with the airlines
- Lunches: estimate $300, depending on student's choices
- Métro tickets, snacks, souvenirs, tickets to events not part of the institute curriculum: will vary, depending on student's choices
- Travel "weekend": will vary, depending on location.
- Required health insurance: $30
- Students will need a camera and a computer.
How to Apply
To apply, please go to Overseas Programs
Spanish Summer Institute
Washington University's Summer Language Institute in Spain is a dynamic, intensive program in Spanish language and culture offering full immersion for approximately 6 weeks in Madrid and other areas of Spain. It is designed to accelerate the language acquisition process of intermediate students in Spanish and to introduce them to the experience of life in this modern European country with its very unique history and traditions. This program is intended to meet the needs of students from all areas of the university, including those who aspire to study business, social sciences, or humanities eventually at advanced levels in a Spanish-speaking country (for example, WU's programs in Spain or Chile) and wish to achieve skill levels rapidly. It is also intended for students at intermediate levels of the language who wish to attain a functional proficiency level and first-hand experience with Hispanic culture but have major requirements that do not permit them to be absent from campus for a full academic semester or year (including particularly students from preprofessional and natural science disciplines). The program is exclusively for Washington University students.
The Spanish Summer Institute program is suspended for the summer of 2021.
Course of Study
In Madrid students live with Spanish families selected by the Institute and evaluated by previous Washington University participants.